Text or Contains (text) method is not working for React Native Application

I am automation React Native application and I am trying to click on Category based on its Name I am using Text & contains (text) method but it gives me exception for that.Please give any idea

Hey may i know your platform and appium version.
Also can you share your line of code.

can you share appium server log in attachment ?

I guess you’re not locating element properly on which you’re calling these methods

Have same issue. But I 100% sure I locate element properly cause I can click it and apply other methods, but “text” method returns “Method is not implemented (Selenium::WebDriver::Error::UnknownError)”

Can you give some details in terms of versions, full exceptions, and logs?

I use Appium 1.8.0, ruby 2.3.3p222, and I am also automating React Native.
My settings:
Capybara.register_driver(:appium) do |app|
appium_lib_options = {
server_url: url
}
all_options = {
appium_lib: appium_lib_options,
caps: caps
}
Appium::Capybara::Driver.new app, all_options
end

Capybara.default_driver = :appium
Capybara.server_host = ‘0.0.0.0’
Capybara.default_selector = :xpath
Capybara.ignore_hidden_elements = true
Capybara.server_port = 56844

Appium log:
[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.getText() with args: [“19”,“fc534925-add9-4b5c-911a-5f266ca15b9d”]
[debug] [AndroidBootstrap] Sending command to android: {“cmd”:“action”,“action”:“element:getText”,“params”:{“elementId”:“19”}}
[debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Got data from client: {“cmd”:“action”,“action”:“element:getText”,“params”:{“elementId”:“19”}}
[debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Got command of type ACTION
[debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Got command action: getText
[debug] [AndroidBootstrap] [BOOTSTRAP LOG] [debug] Returning result: {“status”:0,“value”:""}
[debug] [AndroidBootstrap] Received command result from bootstrap
[debug] [MJSONWP] Responding to client with driver.getText() result: “”
[HTTP] <-- GET /wd/hub/session/fc534925-add9-4b5c-911a-5f266ca15b9d/element/19/text 200 15 ms - 74
[HTTP]
[HTTP] --> DELETE /wd/hub/session/fc534925-add9-4b5c-911a-5f266ca15b9d
[HTTP] {}
[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.deleteSession() with args: [“fc534925-add9-4b5c-911a-5f266ca15b9d”]
[debug] [BaseDriver] Event ‘quitSessionRequested’ logged at 1526974540727 (10:35:40 GMT+0300 (EEST))
[Appium] Removing session fc534925-add9-4b5c-911a-5f266ca15b9d from our master session list
[debug] [AndroidDriver] Shutting down Android driver

If you use the android uiautomatorviewer or the appium inspector does the value show up in the “text” field, or the “description” field? I’ve seen it in both depending on the version of android, and if it’s an emulator/real phone.

Yes, value shows up in the “text” field