The requested resource could not be found or a request was received using an HTTP method that is not supported by the mapped resource error

Failed to create session. The requested resource could not be found, or a request was received using an HTTP method that is not supported by the mapped resource error is throwing on appium inspector when trying with real iOS device.

software installation: Appium v2.0.1 Appium Inspector v2023.8.4 node v20.5.1 npm v9.8.0 iPhone 14 Pro Max 16.6OS

I need to launch project related application on appium Inspector but facing above mentioned error!!

try to delete the wd/hub and leave the field with its default value / (this is what you should do when using appium 2.x)

Hi ido_oserovitz,

Thanks for your quick help. but now I am facing below error.

Failed to create session. An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: ‘16.6’ does not exist in the list of simctl SDKs. Only the following Simulator SDK versions are available on your system: 16.2, 16.4!

change the platformVersion capability to 16.2 or 16.4 (try both) it depends on which iOS version your Simulator uses.

Hi ido_oserovitz ,
For 16.2 and 16.4 os its working for me.
but I am using real device iPhone 14 Pro Max having 16.6 os. I want to execute automation on real device only.

I don’t run my tests on a real device so it may be different but in order to add a new iOS version you need to enter Xcode -> settings -> platforms -> click the add button(left corner) and choose iOS 16.6 version(if you don’t see it then update your Xcode version). install the version and then it should work. you will have iOS 16.6 SDK so the driver(which uses simctl) will be able to interact with a 16.6 iOS version simulator.

You need to give the capability: “appium:udid”: “” for a real device.

Easiest built in way to get udid is from command line: xcrun xctrace list devices. Even easier if installed is idevice_id

1 Like

16.6 sdk itself not their in Xcode while trying to add in code 14.3 and 15.0 beta 8

When I am installing webDriverAgentRunner and project app then I am getting untrusted application pop up in real device for every time due this I am not able to launch application.
while automation I can’t handle this pop up and my script get failed. do you have any solution to trust both webDriverAgentRunner and project app permanent in iphone

capabilities:

{
“platformName”: “iOS”,
“appium:platformVersion”: “16.6”,
“appium:deviceName”: “Aniket Kale’s iPhone”,
“appium:automationName”: “XCUITest”,
“appium:udid”: “-------”,
“appium:app”: “/Users/aniket.ramdas.kale/Downloads/SaudiaAirlines.ipa.zip”,
“appium:xcodeSigningId”: “Apple Distributor”
}

try to update both your Xcode version and XCUITest driver

Thank you so much for help
Finally, my automation is working on real device with 16.6 iOS using below desire capability
“platformName”: “iOS”,
“appium:platformVersion”: “16.6”,
“appium:deviceName”: “-----”,
“appium:automationName”: “XCUITest”,
“appium:udid”: “--------”,
“appium:xcodeOrgId”: “----”,
“appium:app”: “----”,
“appium:xcodeSigningId”: “Apple Distributor”,
“appium:noReset”: true,
“appium:fullReset”: false,
“appium:useNewWDA”: false,
“appium:usePrebuiltWDA”: true