Touch actions failing for android automation after upgrading from appium 2.1 to latest 2.5 version

Hi Team,

In case of Android Automation - Client is dot net and I am using uiAutomator [email protected] and Appium server 2.1 version and I am able to perform the automation successfully but while upgrading to 2.5 version of Appium, actions like touch, spread, pinch etc. are not working and I know the reason that Touch Action classes has been deprecated.

On the flip side, For IOS, similarly, I upgraded the Appium version from 2.1 to 2.5 and there we are using xcuiTest driver and there I am able to perform the automation without any issue on the latest version of appium which is 2.5

I would like to know the root cause in case of Android automation why it is failing. Is it happening because of Touch actions deprecated classes or uiAutomator can also be the reason behind it?

Kindly assist me for the same.

check this: UnsupportedCommandException: Unhandled endpoint error displayed when performing touch operations - #3 by ido_oserovitz

@ido_oserovitz I am using dot net client and i used Touch actions and with respect to that my code was working fine until i had the version of Appium server to 2.5.1 and uiAutomator2 version to 2.45.1 and uiAutomatorServer to 6.0.9 but few days back i upgraded uiAutomator2 to 3.1.0 which is latest one and code was not working as expected because touch action classes has deprecated.

Now i again degrade the uiAutomator2 version to 2.45.1 , still code is not working as expected which was working earlier. Is any other software also got impacted during upgration which i need to downgrade too ?

Kindly assist

Hi

From iOS side touchActions() deprecated. You can use action or performAction() in place of touchAction().If you upgrade touchActions will not work.

I am also facing the same touch action issue. I know that the Touch Action classes have been deprecated. Could you suggest a class or provide a sample code instead of touch actions? Let me explain what I’m trying to do: I’m using Appium version 2.5.3 with Java, and I’m attempting to scroll up a webpage in the mobile Chrome browser.

please follow this document How to automate gestures testing using W3 Actions API in Appium? (devstringx.com)

am now able to scroll the page Her challenging part is need to scroll by webelement. her I using scrollToWebelementView is not working appium 2.5.4.
I need to scroll to each gate by gate numbers please suggest me. below reference images added please check.