I am running a appium test on a RDP session. I have connected a Android (Samsung Galaxy III) phone via usb to the host machine. I’ve installed the Android SDK and dependencies on the RDP machine. I have Appium server installed on the RDP machine. When I try to run a sample Appium test from Visual Studio the Appium Server (on the RDP machine) it always fails to detect my Android device, even though I can see it is detected and connected through My Computer (RDP). The error message that I get is:
info: [debug] Trying to find a connected android device
info: [debug] Getting connected devices…
info: [debug] executing cmd: “C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe” devices
info: [debug] 0 device(s) connected
info: [debug] Could not find devices, restarting adb server…
I’ve tried to use almost every possible combination and setting in both the Android settings and General Settings.