Unable to inspect page, "UnknownError: Failed to Dump Window Hierarchy"

When attempting to run the page command in the Appium Ruby Console or even taking an XML snap shot of the page, I receive an error. Has anybody seen this before? I’m using an Android 5.0 device

Have you tried using uiautomatorviewer to see if that’s able to successfully dump? Are you using the latest version of appium?

Same issue for me. It doesnt work if there are emojis. Please fix this.

I’m on appium version 1.3.7. When I try to dump from uiautomatorviewer i get this…

That’s unfortunately a known issue with uiautomator. I recommend trying Appium Ruby Console + appium master (from github, not yet released), it might work then.

Edit: To clarify, uiautomatorviewer will probably not be fixed soon as that software is maintained by Google. The page command in ARC should work with appium master.

For me uiautomatorviewer is working fine, but when am running page command on ARC, it throwing
“Selenium::WebDriver::Error::UnknownError: Failed to Dump Window Hierarchy”.

Please help.

Note: It was working with old version of appium(1.3.4) not working in appium 1.4.0

For me uiautomatorviewer is working fine, but when am running page command on ARC, it throwing
“Selenium::WebDriver::Error::UnknownError: Failed to Dump Window Hierarchy”.

Please help.

Note: It was working with old version of appium(1.3.4) not working in appium 1.4.0