Unable to sendkeys in search tab

Hello,
I am unable to sendkeys in search tab .

more details are required.
are u able to inspect the field ? if yes its screenshot …
what error u r getting in logs ?

what locator strategy you are trying for entering value in search box.

A little more details could help us to identify the exact problem.

However FYI… Some search boxes in android are using smart techinques, in that case you just need to tap on it and it will give you all predefined search options.

Hope this will help.

Yes i am able to inspect it and click on the searchbox, but unable to type.

This is the error in the logs:

e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Got data from client: {“cmd”:“action”,“action”:“element:clear”,“params”:{“elementId”:“5”}}
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Got command of type ACTION
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Got command action: clear
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Attempting to clear using UiObject.clearText().
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] [BOOTSTRAP] [debug] Returning result: {“value”:“UiSelector[CONTAINS_TEXT=Search for products, looks or people, CLASS=android.widget.TextView, INDEX=0, RESOURCE_ID=com.app.wooplr:id/home_Search_textbox]”,“status”:7}
e[36minfoe[39m: [debug] Responding to client with error: {“status”:7,“value”:{“message”:“An element could not be located on the page using the given search parameters.”,“origValue”:“UiSelector[CONTAINS_TEXT=Search for products, looks or people, CLASS=android.widget.TextView, INDEX=0, RESOURCE_ID=com.app.wooplr:id/home_Search_textbox]”},“sessionId”:“0cb64668-2e3d-479d-b9b3-67b767046527”}
e[36minfoe[39m: e[37m<-- POST /wd/hub/session/0cb64668-2e3d-479d-b9b3-67b767046527/element/5/clear e[39me[31m500e[39me[90m 13820.103 ms - 332e[39m e[90me[39m
Nov 07, 2015 12:09:39 PM org.openqa.selenium.os.UnixProcess$SeleniumWatchDog destroyHarder
INFO: Command failed to close cleanly. Destroying forcefully (v2). org.openqa.selenium.os.UnixProcess$SeleniumWatchDog@3daf7722

RESOURCE_ID=com.app.wooplr:id/home_Search_textbox
Can u show ur code for this resource id ur using for sendKeys

Driver.findElementByAndroidUIAutomator(“new UiSelector().className(“android.widget.TextView”).resourceId(“com.app.wooplr:id/home_Search_textbox”).index(0).textContains(“Search for products, looks or people”)”).sendKeys(“street stlye”);