Urgent | Need information on Appium for evaluation

Hello team,

We are in a process to perform mobile Application testing for - iOS and Android.

Before proceeding with evaluation, we have certain doubts and urge you to resolve about Appium.

Questions about Appium:

 Appium Deployment and there model (On-Premise [Remote, Hosted Service, Co-Located]).

 Lead Time & Process Complexity overhead for Setup (On Premise or Local)

 Remote Testing Capability, Record & Playback Feature, Application Object Based/OCR Based/Image based Testing .

 Reporting feature available or not.

 Reusability of Test Scripts

 Integration with other 3rd party tools such as QTP, QC, Loadrunner etc.

 Reporting Type such as Defect Localization Efficiency Reports (Screen shot based reports or Video Logs or Diagrams or any other form).

 Does this tool have Scheduled Batch Execution, Parallel Execution? Support of 3G/4G/Secure B2B & Public WI-FI feature?

 Any other testing supported by your tool such as performance, security etc.

 Vendor Responsiveness, Stability, Initial Costs, Recurring Maintenance Costs, New OS/Device Support Time and Licensing Model.

Thanking you in anticipation.

@nborse :- First of all, I say nice list of questions
As per my knowledge I’m giving the answers

 Appium Deployment and there model (On-Premise [Remote, Hosted Service, Co-Located]).
Srikanth:- Appium supports On-Premise and remote executions. Not sure about Hosted Service, Co-Located

 Lead Time & Process Complexity overhead for Setup (On Premise or Local)

 Remote Testing Capability, Record & Playback Feature, Application Object Based/OCR Based/Image based Testing .
Srikanth:- Remote Testing is possible, Record of steps is possible only on IOS devices, and Playback. Object bases is possible but not sure about OCR and Image.
 Reporting feature available or not.
For reporting and framework you can use TestNG, XLST for reporting

 Reusability of Test Scripts
Srikanth:-Yes its easy to reuse the scripts and also easy to maintain

 Integration with other 3rd party tools such as QTP, QC, Loadrunner etc.
Srikanth :- Not sure about integration.

 Reporting Type such as Defect Localization Efficiency Reports
(Screen shot based reports or Video Logs or Diagrams or any other form).
Srikanth :- Let me clear you one thing this is not a tool like QTP/RFT, its just a API. You can develop personalized reports with screen shots, Diagrams or any form. For video I suggest you can use mirror you devices to laptop and capture the screen using monte jar.

 Does this tool have Scheduled Batch Execution, Parallel Execution? Support of 3G/4G/Secure B2B & Public WI-FI feature?
Srikanth :- For scheduling and batch execution you can use Jenkins and integrate with appium, Parallel execution is currently not working, you can refer to my video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr5p35bH1QQ
 Any other testing supported by your tool such as performance, security etc.
Srikanth :- Not sure

 Vendor Responsiveness, Stability, Initial Costs, Recurring Maintenance Costs, New OS/Device Support Time and Licensing Model.
Srikanth :- This is open source API, so you can starting using it without any tension, so there is no intial cost w.r.t appium, No recurring maintenance cost w.r.t appium , Currently it supports Android/IOS/Firefox OS.

Thanks
Srikanth