WebDriverAgent - XCode build error

Every time i try running the webdriveragentrunner in real device i am facing the bellow error and have no idea on how to resolve this issue.
iPhone7[iOS]-15.7
XCode version - 14.0
Appium Desktop version - 1.22.3-4

error build: Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

1 Like

unfortunately upgrading to a BETA is a bit bizarre and does not solve the problem for anyone whose entire test framework won’t work with appium 2 and would need to modify quite a few tests. I’m keen for an answer as to why the HEAD driver is incompatible, because all the machines that we set up 2 months ago are perfectly fine running still. Any tips on how to install the older and still compatible xcuitest drivers? I’m a week away from a release, I cannot be doing a migration now.

Solution for WDA Error with Xcode 14.1 with appium installed via node.
you need to update appium-xcuitest-driver to 4.12.0
Step by step process you may find here
https://stackoverflow.com/a/74724415/1802348

Hi Mykola,
It is humbly requested I need your Help. Please Help.
------------------>Appium 1.x<-----------------------------------

Xcode version 14.2

Appium version 1.22.3-4

node v18.12.1

MacOS Ventura 13.1 (I am unable to downgrade to xcode 13.4 because of lastest mac software).

Cannot link directly with dylib/framework, your binary is not an allowed client of /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/Library/PrivateFrameworks/XCTAutomationSupport.framework/XCTAutomationSupport for architecture arm64

Then I replace the current WDA of appium v-1.22.3-4 with WDA 4.9.0 (unzip and replaced) And I successfully build an Integration app on a real Device

But i got this Error [W3C] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

ďżź

Then I Replace appium-xcuitest-driver(unzip and replaced).

but still same Error

[W3C] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation

From Eclipse

Exception in thread “main” org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Could not start a new session. Response code 500. Message: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not load a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’. Please verify your Appium installation
----------------------->Appium 2.x<-----------------------------------
Then I decided to migrate to Appium 2.x to solve this issue
Xcode version 14.2

Appium version 2.0.0-beta.48

node v18.12.1

MacOS Ventura 13.1 (I am unable to downgrade to xcode 13.4 because of lastest mac software).

:heavy_check_mark: Listing installed drivers

/Users/fafroz12/.appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/node_modules/appium-webdriveragent

I build WDA from here and Successfully Build Integration app on Real devices

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 6.01.34 PM

From Eclipse

Exception in thread “main” org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Could not start a new session. Response code 500. Message: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. Original error: Could not find a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ios’. Have you installed a driver that supports those capabilities? Run ‘appium driver list --installed’ to see. (Lower-level error: Cannot find module ‘./capabilities’
Require stack:

from Appium 2.x log

[debug] [HTTP] Request idempotency key: de41fc5f-583e-4467-a387-fe693d7f2ef4
[HTTP] --> POST /session
[HTTP] {“capabilities”:{“firstMatch”:[{}],“alwaysMatch”:{“appium:app”:"/Users/findia12/Desktop/app/[email protected]",“appium:automationName”:“XCUITest”,“appium:bundleId”:“com.boeing.cas.Toolbox-Mobile-Library”,“appium:deviceName”:“Afroz ipad3”,“appium:newCommandTimeout”:“5000”,“appium:platformVersion”:“16.1.1”,“appium:udid”:“00008103-0015286E1433001E”,“appium:useNewWDA”:true,“appium:xcodeOrgId”:“N73R3TMVGG”,“appium:xcodeSigningId”:“iPhone Developer”,“platformName”:“ios”}}}
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [null,null,{“firstMatch”:[{}],“alwaysMatch”:{“appium:app”:"/Users/findia12/Desktop/app/[email protected]",“appium:automationName”:“XCUITest”,“appium:bundleId”:“com.boeing.cas.Toolbox-Mobile-Library”,“appium:deviceName”:“Afroz ipad3”,“appium:newCommandTimeout”:“5000”,“appium:platformVersion”:“16.1.1”,“appium:udid”:“00008103-0015286E1433001E”,“appium:useNewWDA”:true,“appium:xcodeOrgId”:“N73R3TMVGG”,“appium:xcodeSigningId”:“iPhone Developer”,“platformName”:“ios”}}]
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] Event ‘newSessionRequested’ logged at 1672749131664 (18:02:11 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time))
[Appium] Attempting to find matching driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ‘ios’
[Appium] The ‘xcuitest’ driver was installed and matched caps.
[Appium] Will require it at /Users/findia12/.appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver
[debug] [Appium] Requiring driver at /Users/findia12/.appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] Event ‘newSessionStarted’ logged at 1672749131672 (18:02:11 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time))
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Could not find a driver for automationName ‘XCUITest’ and platformName ios’. Have you installed a driver that supports those capabilities? Run ‘appium driver list --installed’ to see. (Lower-level error: Cannot find module ‘./capabilities’
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] Require stack:
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /Users/findia12/node_modules/@appium/base-driver/build/lib/basedriver/driver.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /Users/findia12/node_modules/@appium/base-driver/build/lib/index.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /Users/findia12/node_modules/@appium/base-driver/index.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /Users/findia12/node_modules/appium/driver.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /Users/findia12/.appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/build/lib/driver.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /Users/findia12/.appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/build/index.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/extension/extension-config.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/cli/extension-command.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/cli/driver-command.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/cli/extension.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/build/lib/main.js
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] - /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/index.js)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at DriverConfig.findMatchingDriver (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/lib/extension/driver-config.js:175:13)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at AppiumDriver.createSession (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/lib/appium.js:263:29)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at commandExecutor (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/@appium/base-driver/lib/basedriver/driver.js:127:18)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at AppiumDriver.executeCommand (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/@appium/base-driver/lib/basedriver/driver.js:144:15)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:95:5)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at defaultBehavior (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/lib/appium.js:668:16)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at AppiumDriver.executeWrappedCommand (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/lib/appium.js:762:16)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at AppiumDriver.executeCommand (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/lib/appium.js:684:17)
[debug] [AppiumDriver@61ea] at asyncHandler (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/@appium/base-driver/lib/protocol/protocol.js:346:19)
[HTTP] <-- POST /session 500 10 ms - 2640
[HTTP]

I request Everyone Please Help me I have to complete my task Soon as well.

Looks like your setup is broken. Try to completely remove and reinstall the server and drivers. Perhaps, it would even make sense to delete package leftovers manually after the uninstall from node_modules folder to be safe.

1 Like