Xcode 7.3 breaks bundle path map and could not reset simulator

Did not locate anything similar in Appium Git Issues or this forum, thought I’d ask before investigating further.

Mac OSX 10.10.5
Xcode 7.3
iOS Simulator 9.3

Have a coworker that upgraded from a working setup using Xcode 7.2.1 to Xcode 7.3 and now his simulator cannot be reset. It appears to bungle his path as you can see a duplicated node in one of the paths “Containers/Containers” per the Appium log:

[debug] [iOSSim] Building bundle path map
 [iOS] Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Users/<username>/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CBF58D6D-CD16-49EF-9079-5DF2497DCAE1/data/Containers/Containers/Data/Application'
     at Error (native)
  { [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Users/<username>/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CBF58D6D-CD16-49EF-9079-5DF2497DCAE1/data/Containers/Containers/Data/Application']
   cause: 
    { [Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, scandir '/Users/<username>/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CBF58D6D-CD16-49EF-9079-5DF2497DCAE1/data/Containers/Containers/Data/Application']
      errno: -2,
      code: 'ENOENT',
      syscall: 'scandir',
      path: '/Users/<username>/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CBF58D6D-CD16-49EF-9079-5DF2497DCAE1/data/Containers/Containers/Data/Application' },
   isOperational: true,
   errno: -2,
   code: 'ENOENT',
   syscall: 'scandir',
   path: '/Users/<username>/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/CBF58D6D-CD16-49EF-9079-5DF2497DCAE1/data/Containers/Containers/Data/Application' }
 [iOS] Could not reset simulator. Leaving as is.

Delete the problem Simulators & recreate them. I’ve seen problems like this on every update of Xcode. Something weird about updating Xcode.

seems only happening on appium 1.5.0/ 1.5.1.
Delete & recreate simulators would NOT help. revert back to Appium 1.4.* will do

Sorry, I neglected to follow up.

Coworker reverted back to Xcode 7.2.1 and all is [supposedly] well, including running with Appium 1.5 The day after he did that Appium 1.5.1 was released which I believe adds Xcode 7.3 support, so it’s possible that would’ve corrected the issue.

I have this exact same problem.
Cannot reset simulator on 7.3

If you’re experiencing this issue please log a bug here: https://github.com/appium/appium/issues