XCUITest 1.6 Bad Parameters error/ spawn EACCES error

can anyone provide insight into the following error. We’ve upgraded to Xcode 1.8, Appium 1.6. I’ve gone through installing all of the extra things (carthage, real device logger, etc). we have been stuck when attempting to launch tests:

[debug] [XCUITest] Beginning test with command ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/bin/run-xcodebuild.sh --project /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/WebDriverAgent.xcodeproj --scheme WebDriverAgentRunner --destination id=’ in directory ‘/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent’
[XCUITest] Waiting for WebDriverAgent to start on device
[XCUITest] Unable to start WebDriverAgent: Error: spawn EACCES
[XCUITest] Unable to start WebDriverAgent: Error: spawn EACCES
[debug] [XCUITest] Running ios real device reset flow
[debug] [XCUITest] Resetting simulator
[debug] [iOSLog] Stopping iOS log capture
[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: undefined
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 5293 ms - 188
[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {“capabilities”:{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"/Users/user.name/Desktop/APP.ipa",“udid”:“redacted UDID”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“deviceName”:“iPad”,“platformVersion”:“10.1”},“requiredCapabilities”:{}}}
[debug] [MJSONWP] Bad parameters: BadParametersError: Parameters were incorrect. We wanted {“required”:[“desiredCapabilities”],“optional”:[“requiredCapabilities”,“sessionId”,“id”,“sessionId”,“id”,“sessionId”,“id”]} and you sent [“capabilities”]
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 400 2 ms - 190
[XCUITest] xcodebuild exited with code ‘0’ and signal ‘null’

we are invoking some capabilities through a configuration class:
public IOSDriver getNewDriver() {
IOSDriver driver = null;

try {
        String ipaFileName = System.getProperty("ipaFileName");
        String platformVersion = System.getProperty("platformVersion");
        String deviceName = System.getProperty("deviceName");
        String driverURL = System.getProperty("driverURL");
        String udid = System.getProperty("udid");

File ipaFile = new File(ipaFileName);
        DesiredCapabilities cap = new DesiredCapabilities();
        cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.PLATFORM_VERSION, platformVersion);
        cap.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.DEVICE_NAME, deviceName);

we pass those values from the POM

I launch the server with:

appium --address “127.0.0.1” --debug-log-spacing --default-device --default-capabilities {“realDeviceLogger”:"/usr/local/lib/node_modules/deviceconsole"}

I have the same issue as mentioned above …

Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanx.

I am facing the same issue. Any hints whats wrong here?

Sorry for the late response.
Did you set the “bundleId” field as a capability?

e.g.
capabilities.setCapability(“bundleId”, “xxx.xxx.xxx”); - make sure you have this field set, you can get the bundleId form Xcode> project root > General (tab) > Bundle Identifier.