[XCUITest]Continuing without capturing device logs: Failed to receive any data within the timeout: 5000

Problem

I’m not able to execute my automation scripts on iOS platform. With desktop or server, I get the same error

Environment

• Appium version : 1.22.2
  • Desktop OS/version used to run Appium: macOS Big Sur 11.6.4
  • Node.js version (unless using Appium.app|exe): v17.4.0
  • Npm or Yarn package manager: Npm
  • Mobile platform/version under test: iOS 12.1
  • Real device or emulator/simulator: Real device iPhone 8+

Logs received:
[debug] [WebDriverAgent] Got derived data root: ‘/Users/Shweta.ROONGTA/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/WebDriverAgent-baerllvpslbgixdmskxcvfyhycnv’

[XCUITest] Continuing without capturing device logs: Failed to receive any data within the timeout: 5000

[XCUITest] Setting up real device

[debug] [XCUITest] Verifying application platform

[debug] [XCUITest] CFBundleSupportedPlatforms: [“iPhoneOS”]

[XCUITest] {}

[DevCon Factory] Releasing connections for 73692c7652332d31790b08da1c8348e990c6bd50 device on any port number

[DevCon Factory] No cached connections have been found

[debug] [XCUITest] Not clearing log files. Use clearSystemFiles capability to turn on.

[debug] [BaseDriver] Event ‘newSessionStarted’ logged at 1646136015912 (23:00:15 GMT+1100 (Australian Eastern Daylight Time))

[debug] [MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Failed to receive any data within the timeout: 5000

[debug] [MJSONWP] at Timeout._onTimeout (/usr/local/Cellar/appium/1.22.2/libexec/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-ios-device/lib/plist-service/index.js:67:16)

[debug] [MJSONWP] at listOnTimeout (node:internal/timers:559:17)

[debug] [MJSONWP] at processTimers (node:internal/timers:502:7)

[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 10843 ms - 188

[HTTP]

[HTTP] --> DELETE /wd/hub/session

[HTTP] {}

[debug] [HTTP] No route found for /wd/hub/session

[HTTP] <-- DELETE /wd/hub/session 404 2 ms - 211

@mykola-mokhnach Thanks for the suggestion and quick response. I also noticed that I’m able to connect to the iOS devices using appium desktop . The version for desktop is 1.19.1 . Can it be issue only with appium server 1.22.2?

node version is main problem. refer this answer

Hi @shweta_roongta

maybe your setup is broken.

I suggest you use appium 2.0
https://www.headspin.io/blog/installing-appium-2-0-and-the-driver-and-plugins-cli

this link help you to setup it is simple to setup

Thanks for advise, now it’s working. Got any idea why node version is causing this problem?