XPATH not able to find elements in appium inspector for ios app (ios 8.4, appium 1.4.8)

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue for my IOS app.
My app has lets say 3 categories which are actually table views. Each category has number of table cells in that.
Now when I launch the app using appium and inspect the path of the particular category, xpath gets generated. But when I use the same xpath to locate the element within appium inspector, inspector gets hanged and after some time element is not located, and within appium script I get console error and my script fails.
Below are the screenshots and console error.
Can someone help !!!
Thanks in advance.

org.openqa.selenium.WebDriverException: An unknown server-side error occurred while processing the command. (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 322 milliseconds
Build info: version: ‘2.46.0’, revision: ‘61506a4624b13675f24581e453592342b7485d71’, time: ‘2015-06-04 10:22:50’
System info: host: ‘Macbook-Pro.local’, ip: ‘’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.10.5’, java.version: ‘1.7.0_79’
Session ID: 936e0d7f-7a0f-491c-9922-4fca49128c9a
Driver info: io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver
Capabilities [{autoAcceptAlerts=true, app=/appPath/iosApp.app, platform=MAC, databaseEnabled=false, javascriptEnabled=true, platformName=iOS, deviceName=iPhone 5s, browserName=iOS, webStorageEnabled=false, networkConnectionEnabled=false, desired={autoAcceptAlerts=true, app=/appPath/iosApp.app, deviceName=iPhone 5s, platformName=iOS}, locationContextEnabled=false, warnings={}, takesScreenshot=true}]
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.createThrowable(ErrorHandler.java:204)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ErrorHandler.throwIfResponseFailed(ErrorHandler.java:156)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:605)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.execute(AppiumDriver.java:180)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.execute(RemoteWebElement.java:269)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebElement.click(RemoteWebElement.java:80)

without looking too much into your problem with xpath… do not use xpath on ios! it is slow as hell. use uiautomation with predicates instead! https://github.com/appium/appium/blob/master/docs/en/writing-running-appium/ios_predicate.md

Test your xpath at http://www.freeformatter.com/xpath-tester.html and if this returns what you expected, then you try by actually running from the code. It happens to me as well that xpath from inspector sometimes do no return the elements.

The xpath tester suggested by you returns correct response for my xpath. Still the running code is not working as expected.