How to use Appium Inspector with 1.6.0, Xcode 8, iOS 10, Real Device

Dear Fellow Testers,

I recently migrated to Xcode 8 and hence the Appium 1.6.0 (command mode without GUI).

I’m able to launch the app on iOS 10 device and issue is to locate the elements on the UI.

Is anyone able to use the Appium inspector from previous versions (1.5.3), while putting a breakpoint in the test code that uses command mode of appium ?

For me, appium GUI says "could not identify the session, start a session… " popup.
Please share the steps to inspect. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
maesiva

Check this thread for a possible answer:

@mcroff states that he had to make sure the settings in the GUI were correct, and then it worked properly.

@maesiva

Currently, appium 1.6 is not available in GUI to inspect the elements, but there is workaround you can get the elements.

Try this :

This video might help you guys

3 Likes

Hi Team,

I am trying to automate my iOS Mobile Application with Appium

Right now, I am having Xcode 8.1, Appium 1.6 and iOS iPhone 5s running on 10.2. Trying to use same steps as given in the video but when I am trying to select the iPhone I have connected to mac in the Accessibility Inspector it says

“Device not setup
This device must be setup for development using Xcode.”

What shall I do here ?

Please help =.

The video is really helpful.

Thank you,
Rashmi

Hi,

Have a look at this link. Make sure you complete all the steps mentioned here.

Hey

I found the solution on internet.

1. Close the Xcode first

2. Download the 10.1 / 10.2 (14C89) or both folder from gDrive - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1zDx_ygUbjhZlR4Xzc3WElzcTg

3. Copy the extracted 10.1, 10.2 (14C89) folders to this directory/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport

4. Open Xcode again and wait to sync

5. Run on iOS 10.1~10.2.1 devices - Voilà

This was the issue with the Device support platform in my Xcode which is resolved by providing the required platform to it!!!

Thank you for your support!!

I am going ahead and checking the further steps given in the video.

Thank you!
-Rashmi

Hi Team,

I am able to get all the steps done until video 6:55.

When I run the application as Java it gives below error -

I need your help team.

Please look into this…

Jan 16, 2017 9:09:08 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake createSession
INFO: Attempting bi-dialect session, assuming Postel’s Law holds true on the remote end
Jan 16, 2017 9:09:08 PM org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake createSession
INFO: Falling back to original OSS JSON Wire Protocol.
INFO: Falling back to straight W3C remote end connection
Exception in thread “main” org.openqa.selenium.SessionNotCreatedException: Unable to create new remote session. desired capabilities = Capabilities [{app=/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app, verion=1.0, appiumVersion=1.6, platformVersion=10.2, bundleId=com.ge.com.HelloAppium3, automationName=XCuiTest, platformName=iOS, udid=0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8, deviceName=Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone, launchTimeout=500000}], required capabilities = Capabilities [{}]
Build info: version: ‘unknown’, revision: ‘1969d75’, time: ‘2016-10-18 09:43:45 -0700’
System info: host: ‘pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro.local’, ip: ‘3.209.31.210’, os.name: ‘Mac OS X’, os.arch: ‘x86_64’, os.version: ‘10.11.6’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_91’
Driver info: driver.version: IOSDriver
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.ProtocolHandshake.createSession(ProtocolHandshake.java:91)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.HttpCommandExecutor.execute(HttpCommandExecutor.java:141)
at io.appium.java_client.remote.AppiumCommandExecutor.execute(AppiumCommandExecutor.java:69)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.execute(RemoteWebDriver.java:601)
at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.execute(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:40)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.execute(AppiumDriver.java:1)
at io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver.execute(IOSDriver.java:1)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.startSession(RemoteWebDriver.java:241)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:128)
at org.openqa.selenium.remote.RemoteWebDriver.(RemoteWebDriver.java:141)
at io.appium.java_client.DefaultGenericMobileDriver.(DefaultGenericMobileDriver.java:36)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.(AppiumDriver.java:114)
at io.appium.java_client.AppiumDriver.(AppiumDriver.java:132)
at io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver.(IOSDriver.java:82)
at HelloAppium3Test.main(HelloAppium3Test.java:31)

Below is my code -

import java.net.MalformedURLException;
import java.net.URL;
import java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit;

import org.openqa.selenium.remote.DesiredCapabilities;

import io.appium.java_client.ios.IOSDriver;
import io.appium.java_client.remote.AutomationName;
import io.appium.java_client.remote.IOSMobileCapabilityType;
import io.appium.java_client.remote.MobileCapabilityType;

public class HelloAppium3Test {

static IOSDriver wd ;
public static void main(String args[]) throws MalformedURLException
{
	DesiredCapabilities capabilities = new DesiredCapabilities();
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.APPIUM_VERSION, "1.6");
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.PLATFORM_NAME, "iOS");
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.PLATFORM_VERSION, "10.2");
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.DEVICE_NAME, "Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone");
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.UDID, "0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8");	
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.APP, "/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app");

capabilities.setCapability("bundleId", "com.ge.com.HelloAppium3");
	capabilities.setCapability("verion", "1.0");
	capabilities.setCapability(IOSMobileCapabilityType.LAUNCH_TIMEOUT, 500000);
	capabilities.setCapability(MobileCapabilityType.AUTOMATION_NAME, AutomationName.IOS_XCUI_TEST);

wd = new IOSDriver<>(new URL ("http://0.0.0.0:4723/wd/hub"), capabilities ); // Breaks here when i debugged 
	wd.manage().timeouts().implicitlyWait(60, TimeUnit.SECONDS);

wd.findElementByName("HelloAppium3").click();	
	wd.findElementByName("Click Here!").click();	
	wd.quit();
}

}

Thank you,
-Rashmi

Hi @anish10110,

I followed the appium-xcuitest-driver manual instructions and all works perfectlty. The xcodebuild command got me this output:

2017-01-16 21:53:04.427 XCTRunner[1400:230052] Built at Jan 16 2017 20:36:04
2017-01-16 21:53:04.563 XCTRunner[1400:230052] ServerURLHere->http://localhost:8100<-ServerURLHere
2017-01-16 21:53:04.571 XCTRunner[1400:230052] Listening on USB

But when I tried to run the accessibility inspector got me the same error that @rashmivn2016.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

I am using Appium 1.5.3 UI to identify the elements on the screen. I have not tried the method mentioned in the video. Can you please check with Appium 1.5.3 and see if it works? Steps -

1. Start Appium server from terminal using Appium 1.6.x
  2. Open Appium 1.5.3 UI.
  3. Keep the same settings in Appium 1.5.3 that you have set while running Appium 1.6.x (server address, port, UDID etc should be same)
  4. Then run the inspector from Appium 1.5.3. It should display your app in Appium inspector.

I have been using this method and haven’t faced any issues with it.

1 Like

In the capabilities quoted above, you’ve misspelled ‘version’ as ‘verion’. The next line complains that,

Could you see if it works with the spelling change? I can also see the misspelling the the code you quoted:

Thank you so much for reply wreed !!

Yes I tried with correction but it is giving me the same error .

capabilities.setCapability("version", "1.0");

May be something is still missing…

Regards,
-Rashmi

@anish10110

Hello

Greetings for the day!

I tried the steps as you have mentioned but getting error as below while launching inspector -

Could Not Launch Appium Inspector

Could not get list of sessions from Appium Server

Be sure the Appium server is running with an application opened by using the “App Path” parameter in Appium.app (along with package and activity for Android) or by connecting with selenium client and supplying this in the desired capabilities object.

Thank you,
-Rashmi

Hi All,

There is something serious issue with the configuration at my end.

I am getting huge error log in the terminal on running the java class file. Please take a look.

I had to put the long error log. Sorry for inconvenience. I don’t want to miss on any help I can get if anyone gets hint by checking the logs.

Thank you in advance!!
-Rashmi

ERROR LOGS found on Terminal

Last login: Tue Jan 17 19:25:38 on ttys000
pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro:~ rashmin$ appium --session-override
[Appium] Welcome to Appium v1.6.3
[Appium] Non-default server args:
[Appium] sessionOverride: true
[Appium] Appium REST http interface listener started on 0.0.0.0:4723
[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {“capabilities”:{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},“requiredCapabilities”:{}},“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},“requiredCapabilities”:{}}
[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},{},{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},“requiredCapabilities”:{}},null,null]
[Appium] Creating new XCUITestDriver session
[Appium] Capabilities:
[Appium] app: ‘/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app’
[Appium] appiumVersion: ‘1.1.0’
[Appium] platformVersion: ‘10.2’
[Appium] bundleId: ‘com.ge.com.HelloAppium3’
[Appium] automationName: ‘XCuiTest’
[Appium] platformName: ‘iOS’
[Appium] udid: ‘0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8’
[Appium] deviceName: ‘Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone’
[Appium] version: ‘1.0’
[Appium] launchTimeout: 500000
[debug] [XCUITest] XCUITestDriver version: 2.4.2
[BaseDriver] The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: appiumVersion, version.
[BaseDriver] Session created with session id: ee2d0e4c-139c-4370-aff0-f6be0a4af403
[debug] [XCUITest] Xcode version set to ‘8.1’
[debug] [XCUITest] iOS SDK Version set to ‘10.1’
[XCUITest] Error: Command ‘idevice_id -l’ errored out: Error: spawn idevice_id ENOENT
at exports._errnoException (util.js:1022:11)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:193:32)
at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:359:16)
at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:74:11)
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:98:9)
at ChildProcess. (…/…/lib/teen_process.js:32:14)
at emitOne (events.js:96:13)
at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:188:7)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:213:12)
Error: Command ‘idevice_id -l’ errored out: Error: spawn idevice_id ENOENT
[debug] [XCUITest] Running iOS simulator reset flow
[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Command ‘idevice_id -l’ errored out: Error: spawn idevice_id ENOENT
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 230 ms - 521
[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},“requiredCapabilities”:{}}
[debug] [MJSONWP] Calling AppiumDriver.createSession() with args: [{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},{},null,null,null,null,null]
[Appium] Creating new XCUITestDriver session
[Appium] Capabilities:
[Appium] app: ‘/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app’
[Appium] appiumVersion: ‘1.1.0’
[Appium] platformVersion: ‘10.2’
[Appium] bundleId: ‘com.ge.com.HelloAppium3’
[Appium] automationName: ‘XCuiTest’
[Appium] platformName: ‘iOS’
[Appium] udid: ‘0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8’
[Appium] deviceName: ‘Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone’
[Appium] version: ‘1.0’
[Appium] launchTimeout: 500000
[debug] [XCUITest] XCUITestDriver version: 2.4.2
[BaseDriver] The following capabilities were provided, but are not recognized by appium: appiumVersion, version.
[BaseDriver] Session created with session id: f95a5d85-0435-4752-9731-afec0a4039a2
[debug] [XCUITest] Xcode version set to ‘8.1’
[debug] [XCUITest] iOS SDK Version set to ‘10.1’
[XCUITest] Error: Command ‘idevice_id -l’ errored out: Error: spawn idevice_id ENOENT
Error: Command ‘idevice_id -l’ errored out: Error: spawn idevice_id ENOENT
[debug] [XCUITest] Running iOS simulator reset flow
[MJSONWP] Encountered internal error running command: Error: Command ‘idevice_id -l’ errored out: Error: spawn idevice_id ENOENT
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 500 188 ms - 521
[HTTP] --> POST /wd/hub/session {“capabilities”:{“desiredCapabilities”:{“app”:"/Users/rashmin/Desktop/Rashmi/iOS Application Test/HelloAppium3.app",“appiumVersion”:“1.1.0”,“platformVersion”:“10.2”,“bundleId”:“com.ge.com.HelloAppium3”,“automationName”:“XCuiTest”,“platformName”:“iOS”,“udid”:“0ed2b95efb756ac010102b2bea23ce1ce9def9d8”,“deviceName”:“Priyanka Kamble’s iPhone”,“version”:“1.0”,“launchTimeout”:500000},“requiredCapabilities”:{}}}
[debug] [MJSONWP] Bad parameters: BadParametersError: Parameters were incorrect. We wanted {“required”:[“desiredCapabilities”],“optional”:[“requiredCapabilities”,“capabilities”,“sessionId”,“id”,“sessionId”,“id”,“sessionId”,“id”]} and you sent [“capabilities”]
[HTTP] <-- POST /wd/hub/session 400 2 ms - 205

Thank man for your quick response.

I’m using nvm with node 7.4. When I tried to use appium desktop 1.5.3 with appium 1.6 nothing happen, I dont got any output in the console.

I will check the permissions in the appium folder and then tell you what happen.

@anish10110

I folowed your instructions, but the appium console got me these error:

{ SessionNotCreatedError: A new session could not be created. Details: Appium's IosDriver does not support xcode version 8.2.1. Apple has deprecated UIAutomation. Use the "XCUITest" automationName capability instead.
    at IosDriver.createSession$ (../../lib/driver.js:130:28)
    at tryCatch (/Users/Nidia/.nvm/versions/node/v7.4.0/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:67:40)
    at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke [as _invoke] (/Users/Nidia/.nvm/versions/node/v7.4.0/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:315:22)
    at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.prototype.(anonymous function) [as next] (/Users/Nidia/.nvm/versions/node/v7.4.0/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:100:21)
    at GeneratorFunctionPrototype.invoke (/Users/Nidia/.nvm/versions/node/v7.4.0/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/babel-runtime/regenerator/runtime.js:136:37) jsonwpCode: 33 }

How can I set the automationName in the appium 1.5.3 UI?

ENOENT error is that the file (‘idevice_id’) either doesn’t exist or is not in your $PATH.

You can check to see if it’s installed by opening a terminal and typing, ‘idevice_id’. It should print a usage like this:

Usage: idevice_id [OPTIONS] [UDID]
Prints device name or a list of attached devices.

The UDID is a 40-digit hexadecimal number of the device
  for which the name should be retrieved.

-l, --list		list UDID of all attached devices
  -d, --debug		enable communication debugging
  -h, --help		prints usage information

Homepage: <http://libimobiledevice.org>

If it does not print the above message, you need to install the libimobiledevice package:

If you do get the usage, then I would suspect that your IDE is not reading your $PATH correctly. But I don’t know what IDE you are using. You should do a google search on something like:

<your ide name> environment variables

Hi @pascencio,

I am not setting this property in Appium 1.5.3. In Appium 1.5.3, I’m only setting App Path, Force Device, Platform Version, UDID, Server and Port.

When running my scripts, I’m adding an extra Desired Capability as given below. resolves your error when you run the scripts.

capabilities.setCapability("automationName", "XCUITest");

Hey!!

it was really great to have that help note!

After trying out I was able to run the commands but when I am running the last command
brew install -s --HEAD libimobiledevice ideviceinstaller

it works but at the end it breaks down…

I am checking on the same if you have any suggestion I appreciate it… Thank you so much for your wonderful help!!

pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro:~ rashmin$ brew install -s --HEAD libimobiledevice ideviceinstaller
==> Installing dependencies for libimobiledevice: autoconf, automake, libtool, libxml2, pkg-config, libtasn1, libplist, libusb, usbmuxd, openssl
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: autoconf
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/autoconf-2.69.el_capitan.bottle.4.tar.gz
######################################################################## 100.0%
==> Pouring autoconf-2.69.el_capitan.bottle.4.tar.gz
==> Caveats
Emacs Lisp files have been installed to:
/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/autoconf
==> Summary
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/autoconf/2.69: 70 files, 3.0M
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: automake
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/automake-1.15.el_capitan.bottle.2.tar.gz
==> Pouring automake-1.15.el_capitan.bottle.2.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/automake/1.15: 130 files, 2.9M
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: libtool
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/libtool-2.4.6_1.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring libtool-2.4.6_1.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Caveats
In order to prevent conflicts with Apple’s own libtool we have prepended a “g”
so, you have instead: glibtool and glibtoolize.
==> Summary
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libtool/2.4.6_1: 70 files, 3.7M
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: libxml2
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/libxml2-2.9.4_2.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring libxml2-2.9.4_2.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Caveats
This formula is keg-only, which means it was not symlinked into /usr/local.

macOS already provides this software and installing another version in
parallel can cause all kinds of trouble.

Generally there are no consequences of this for you. If you build your
own software and it requires this formula, you’ll need to add to your
build variables:

LDFLAGS:  -L/usr/local/opt/libxml2/lib
CPPFLAGS: -I/usr/local/opt/libxml2/include

==> Summary
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libxml2/2.9.4_2: 277 files, 9.8M
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: pkg-config
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/pkg-config-0.29.1_2.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring pkg-config-0.29.1_2.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/pkg-config/0.29.1_2: 10 files, 627.4K
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: libtasn1
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/libtasn1-4.10.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring libtasn1-4.10.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libtasn1/4.10: 59 files, 439.3K
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: libplist
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/libplist-1.12.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring libplist-1.12.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libplist/1.12: 28 files, 314.3K
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: libusb
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/libusb-1.0.21.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring libusb-1.0.21.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libusb/1.0.21: 29 files, 510.5K
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: usbmuxd
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/usbmuxd-1.0.10_1.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring usbmuxd-1.0.10_1.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/usbmuxd/1.0.10_1: 12 files, 118.5K
==> Installing libimobiledevice dependency: openssl
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/openssl-1.0.2j.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring openssl-1.0.2j.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Using the sandbox
==> Caveats
A CA file has been bootstrapped using certificates from the SystemRoots
keychain. To add additional certificates (e.g. the certificates added in
the System keychain), place .pem files in
/usr/local/etc/openssl/certs

and run
/usr/local/opt/openssl/bin/c_rehash

This formula is keg-only, which means it was not symlinked into /usr/local.

Apple has deprecated use of OpenSSL in favor of its own TLS and crypto libraries

Generally there are no consequences of this for you. If you build your
own software and it requires this formula, you’ll need to add to your
build variables:

LDFLAGS:  -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib
CPPFLAGS: -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include
PKG_CONFIG_PATH: /usr/local/opt/openssl/lib/pkgconfig

==> Summary
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/openssl/1.0.2j: 1,695 files, 12M
==> Installing libimobiledevice --HEAD
==> Cloning https://git.libimobiledevice.org/libimobiledevice.git
Cloning into ‘/Users/rashmin/Library/Caches/Homebrew/libimobiledevice–git’…
remote: Counting objects: 8048, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (5337/5337), done.
remote: Total 8048 (delta 6014), reused 3620 (delta 2654)
Receiving objects: 100% (8048/8048), 1.53 MiB | 443.00 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (6014/6014), done.
Checking connectivity… done.
==> Checking out branch master
==> ./autogen.sh
==> ./configure --disable-silent-rules --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/libimobiledevice/HEAD-b78a42e --without-cython
==> make install
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libimobiledevice/HEAD-b78a42e: 66 files, 997K, built in 1 minute 1 second
==> Installing dependencies for ideviceinstaller: libzip
==> Installing ideviceinstaller dependency: libzip
==> Downloading https://homebrew.bintray.com/bottles/libzip-1.1.2.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
==> Pouring libzip-1.1.2.el_capitan.bottle.tar.gz
:beer: /usr/local/Cellar/libzip/1.1.2: 119 files, 455.4K
==> Installing ideviceinstaller --HEAD
==> Cloning http://git.sukimashita.com/ideviceinstaller.git
Cloning into ‘/Users/rashmin/Library/Caches/Homebrew/ideviceinstaller–git’…
fatal: unable to access ‘http://git.sukimashita.com/ideviceinstaller.git/’: Could not resolve host: git.sukimashita.com
Error: Failed to download resource “ideviceinstaller”
Failure while executing: git clone --branch master http://git.sukimashita.com/ideviceinstaller.git /Users/rashmin/Library/Caches/Homebrew/ideviceinstaller–git
pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro:~ rashmin$ idevice_id
Usage: idevice_id [OPTIONS] [UDID]
Prints device name or a list of attached devices.

The UDID is a 40-digit hexadecimal number of the device
for which the name should be retrieved.

-l, --list list UDID of all attached devices
-d, --debug enable communication debugging
-h, --help prints usage information

Homepage: http://libimobiledevice.org

Thank you!!
-Rashmi

I did a quick search on the errors. Although this is not exactly what is happening to you, I wonder if the solution would help:

brew uninstall ideviceinstaller
brew install --HEAD ideviceinstaller

I think the ‘uninstall’ first is the key to the issue.

You can read up on it here:

Thank you for your reply.

You can check below terminal logs
I will need your help

pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro:~ rashmin$ brew uninstall ideviceinstaller

Error: No such keg: /usr/local/Cellar/ideviceinstaller
pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro:~ rashmin$
pkpsecs-MacBook-Pro:~ rashmin$ brew install --HEAD ideviceinstaller

==> Using the sandbox
==> Cloning http://git.sukimashita.com/ideviceinstaller.git
Cloning into ‘/Users/rashmin/Library/Caches/Homebrew/ideviceinstaller–git’…
fatal: unable to access ‘http://git.sukimashita.com/ideviceinstaller.git/’: Could not resolve host: git.sukimashita.com
Error: Failed to download resource “ideviceinstaller”
Failure while executing: git clone --branch master http://git.sukimashita.com/ideviceinstaller.git /Users/rashmin/Library/Caches/Homebrew/ideviceinstaller–git

Regards,
-Rashmi