Recently I trying to adjust my test suite for iOS 9 (I’m working with Xcode 7.1, appium 1.4.16, python-client) During this task I encountered couple major issues like:
- Instruments without delay not working: https://github.com/lawrencelomax/instruments-without-delay/tree/xcode7-quirks#xcode-7--ios-9-support
- Broken screen capture for scaled simulator: IOS screenshot not complete with Appium 1.4.13
- App can’t get back from background: https://github.com/appium/appium/issues/5737
All of this has huge impact on my tests. Each investigation for those issues leads me to
UIautomation framework bug. Finally I looked into Xcode release notes. One thing attracted my attention:
The existing UIAutomation support in Instruments is deprecated. Use UI testing in Xcode 7.
So my questions are:
- What is Appium approach here?
- Are you considerate support for this new XCUITest framework introduced by Apple? (i found only thtis https://github.com/appium/XCUITest-driver )
- Does anyone tried this new UI Test framework? If yes, can you share your impressions about it?
P.S Please do not take this as a criticism ;). I just want to know your opinion here. For most of issues caused by Apple politics a found here pretty smart workarounds. Advantage of the opportunity I would like to give big shout out to Appium Team!