Xcodebuild failed with code 65 (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information) Command duration or timeout: 32.63 seconds

Hi Guys,
When i am trying to run my IOS automation txt cases on IOS 10 build,I am getting the below error in the eclipse console:
xcodebuild failed with code 65 (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)
Command duration or timeout: 32.63 seconds

Can any one please let me know what it means and the solution to overcome.
system used: MAC
Xcode version : 8
appium version: 1.6 beta
IOS real device updated to 10.0.2

Can you check if the WebDriver Agent Xcode project has valid provisioning profiles. https://github.com/appium/appium-xcuitest-driver#configuration

Hi pavan,
I really didnā€™t understand what does mean by valid provisioning profiles.?can you please guide me on that?I m struck up badly.

My appium server log says as below:

[Xcode] Code signing is required for product type ā€˜UI Testing Bundleā€™ in SDK ā€˜iOS 10.0ā€™

[Xcode] Signing for ā€œWebDriverAgentRunnerā€ requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.
Code signing is required for product type ā€˜UI Testing Bundleā€™ in SDK ā€˜iOS 10.0ā€™
Code signing is required for product type ā€˜UI Testing Bundleā€™ in SDK ā€˜iOS 10.0ā€™

[Xcode]
Testing failed:
Signing for ā€œWebDriverAgentRunnerā€ requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.

[Xcode] ** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

[XCUITest] xcodebuild exited with code ā€˜65ā€™ and signal ā€˜nullā€™

[Xcode] The file ā€œProjectSettings.xcconfigā€ couldnā€™t be opened because there is no such file. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Configurations/ProjectSettings.xcconfig)

[Xcode] Signing for ā€œWebDriverAgentRunnerā€ requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.
Signing for ā€œWebDriverAgentRunnerā€ requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.

[Xcode]

[Xcode]
Testing failed:
** TEST FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
Check dependencies
(1 failure)

[XCUITest] xcodebuild exited with code ā€˜65ā€™ and signal ā€˜nullā€™
[XCUITest] Error: xcodebuild failed with code 65

$ cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/
$ npm install -g carthage --HEAD
$ open .

This is the location where the webDriver agent is saved check if you have webdriver agent xcode project. It should look like this :

open the xcode project and follow the below steps for the creating the xcodeConfigfile which is at bottom in the image
1. Open the existing the WebDriver Agent
2. On top of Xcode you File > New> File , then you will an pop up something like this
3. Select OSX->.Other-> Select Configuration settings file.
4. Paste the following things in newly created file.
DEVELOPMENT_TEAM = xxxxxxxxx
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Developer
Development team is Team ID which your developer should be able to provide . Dont change the CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY.

Once you save the file , make sure you add this file as a capability in your java code .

3 Likes

Hi Pavan,
Thanks soon much for your time for us to help and your reply made us to get some hope.It really meant a lot for usā€¦we followed the same steps.Now how to add this file as a capability in our java code.
I am adding like this in my java codeā€¦ is it the right way?
xcodeConfigFile=/usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/Config.xcconfig
and java code as
capabilities.setCapability(ā€œxcodeConfigFileā€,deviceProp.getProperty(ā€œxcodeConfigFileā€));

Please confirm me

Thanks,
Vani

This is perfect , you can directly give the path if you wish to ā€¦

capabilities.setCapability(ā€œxcodeConfigfileā€, ā€œ/abs/path/to/xcodeConfigfileā€);

Hey thanks soo much pavanā€¦Now it is upā€¦My app is up nowā€¦thanks a lotā€¦Do you know how to inspect elements in IOS 10?
I have real device of iOS 10
xcode 8
appium 1.6.1 betaā€¦

Seems like xpaths have changed and getting no such elements found exception:(
So how do i inspect the elements now?

Thanks,
Vani

@vani.hosagoudra
One way can be helpful is to print page source and verify that what is change in hierarchy and update xpath accordingly.

@vani.hosagoudra: Appium 1.6 beta is outdated, i highly suggest you to go ahead and download the appium 1.6 final version. In appium 1.6 the Xpath are being changed as required in backend.

@pavanbachu
Thanku soo much for supportā€¦I found only 1.5.3 appium in appium.io sight.Where do i find 1.6 version appium? is appium 1.6 supports inspector? if not which one to use for element inspection?

Thanks,
Vani

@salmanchauhan
Thanks soo muchā€¦I am able to find the xpaths using print page sourceā€¦But this process is tidious
and chances of missing tagsā€¦So any other inspector tools?

@ pavanbachu
can you please tell me where to get appium 1.6 and how to install?

Is this command failing for everyone else as well? Seems to be giving me a 404

Installation : npm install -g appium

Appium Inspector : https://github.com/mykola-mokhnach/Appium-iOS-Inspector clone the workspace and you can use thatā€¦

Hi guys,
Can any one please teach me how to find out the xpath in the below page source.

I need to find the xpath for the element in the ā€œXCUIElementTypeCellā€ā€¦

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <**_XCUIElementTypeCell_** name="" label="" value="" dom="" enabled="true" valid="true" visible="true" hint="" path="/0/0/0/0/0/0/1/0/0/1/0" x="8" y="230" width="70" height="70"> pageSourceCode.txt (9.8 KB)

@vani.hosagoudra
You need to follow the hierarchy and their index to create this.

This can be xpath for the first back button on your screen.
//XCUIElementTypeApplication/XCUIElementTypeWindow/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeNavigationBar/XCUIElementTypeButton[1]

This can be xpath for the first done button on your screen.
//XCUIElementTypeApplication/XCUIElementTypeWindow/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeNavigationBar/XCUIElementTypeButton[3]

I hope this helpsā€¦

1 Like

@salmanchauhan
Thanks for the helpā€¦
I am unable to trace t he inner tagsā€¦for example if a tag closes before any other tag do i need to consider or not?
So if u give me xpath for XCUIElementTypeCell tag i will analyse and understand

Thanks in advance

Thanks,
Vani

@vani.hosagoudra
//XCUIElementTypeApplication/XCUIElementTypeWindow/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther[2]/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeOther/XCUIElementTypeCollectionView/XCUIElementTypeCell

probably thisā€¦

Hi @pavanbachu,
I was installing carthage but getting following error:
Please help:

npm ERR! Darwin 16.1.0
npm ERR! argv ā€œ/usr/local/Cellar/node/6.8.1/bin/nodeā€ ā€œ/usr/local/bin/npmā€ ā€œinstallā€ ā€œ-gā€ ā€œcarthageā€ ā€œā€“HEADā€
npm ERR! node v6.8.1
npm ERR! npm v3.10.8
npm ERR! code E404

npm ERR! 404 Registry returned 404 for GET on https://registry.npmjs.org/carthage
npm ERR! 404
npm ERR! 404 ā€˜carthageā€™ is not in the npm registry.
npm ERR! 404 You should bug the author to publish it (or use the name yourself!)
npm ERR! 404
npm ERR! 404 Note that you can also install from a
npm ERR! 404 tarball, folder, http url, or git url.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR! /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/npm-debug.log

hi
$ cd /usr/local/lib/node_modules/appium/node_modules/appium-xcuitest-driver/WebDriverAgent/
$ open .

This is the location where the webDriver agent is saved check if you have webdriver agent xcode project. It should look like this :

open the xcode project and follow the below steps for the creating the xcodeConfigfile which is at bottom in the image

1. Open the existing the WebDriver Agent
  2. On top of Xcode you File > New> File , then you will an pop up something like this
  3. Select OSX->.Other-> Select Configuration settings file.
  4. Paste the following things in newly created file.
    DEVELOPMENT_TEAM = xxxxxxxxx
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Developer
    Development team is Team ID which your developer should be able to provide . Dont change the CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY.

Once you save the file , make sure you add this file as a capability in your java code .

Please follow these steps
after that add xcodeConfigFile=file path here and capabilities.setCapability(ā€œxcodeConfigFileā€,deviceProp.getProperty(ā€œxcodeConfigFileā€));